This house was built in 1905, and as you can guess, it’s a pretty big project to get this house back to life.
The renovation is moving along, and finally most of the ‘dirty’ work is done and soon we will start reporting on the best part – finishing works. This is when you can actually see the new look of the house emerging.
This is where we are now.
Brand new roof.
Replaced all widows in the house, including basement and attic. We decided to close some of them to make the floor layout more practical.
Installed new sliding door from the kitchen out to the future deck.
The old sewer line was in bad shape, so we had to replace it.
After obtaining engineering report, we removed the load bearing wall that had divided the first floor into two areas, to make the open floor plan.
Cleaned out the basement that had a dirt floor, and poured concrete to make a concrete floor, patched and painted walls. The basement will not be finished because the height does not allow it, but it is perfectly dry and clean now.
Coming next – replacing exterior doors and new siding!